Wednesday, December 17, 2014

I Want Snow Wednesday



A week to go and I still haven't got a gift for my wife. I think I found it but I still have to pick it up. She know what I really want to get for her ( a beautiful table top for her new table in the Foyer ). Today is going to be a very boring day. There isn't much going on today so I will probably just watch TV today. Maybe I should go to town to see if there is anything that I can get her. I sound very boring to myself. Maybe I should put on some Christmas music. Maybe that will help. Can you hear the music. Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the way and so on.

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Christmas Quote of the Day



 ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Christmas Wednesday's Funnies

The first reindeer seen in a bar

One evening, in a busy lounge in the deep south, a reindeer walked in the door, bellied up to the bar and ordered a martini. Without batting an eye, the bartender mixed and poured the drink, set it in front of the reindeer, and accepted the twenty-dollar bill from the reindeer's hoof.

Snowman As he handed the reindeer some coins in change, he said, "You know, I think you're the first reindeer I've ever seen in here."

The reindeer looked hard at the hoofful of change and said, "Hmmmpf. Let me tell you something, buddy. At these prices, I'm the last reindeer you'll see in here."



The strange Christmas scene

In a small southern town there was a "Nativity Scene" that showed great skill and talent had gone into creating it. One small feature bothered me.

Snowman The three wise men were wearing firemen's helmets.

Totally unable to come up with a reason or explanation, I left. At a "Quik Stop" on the edge of town, I asked the lady behind the counter about the helmets. She exploded into a rage, yelling at me, "You stupid Yankees never do read the Bible!" I assured her that I did, but simply couldn't recall anything about firemen in the Bible.

She jerked her Bible from behind the counter and ruffled through some pages, and finally jabbed her finger at a passage. Sticking it in my face she said "See, it says right here, 'The three wise man came from afar.'"

( Get it afar ( a fire ) 



A dietician was once addressing a large audience in Chicago. "The material we put into our stomachs is enough to have killed most of us sitting here, years ago. Red meat is awful. Vegetables can be disastrous, and none of us realizes the germs in our drinking water. But, there is something that is perhaps more dangerous than anything else." The dietician peered into the crowd and asked, "Can anyone here tell me what lethal product I'm referring to?"
A handful of people in the audience raised their hands with possible answers.
"Yes, you, sir, in the first row," said the dietician. "Please give us your idea."
The man grinned and blurted, "Wedding cake!" 



  -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Time to go. I've had a good time writing this blog. Hope that you have a great day. See ya.


 

2 comments:

  1. Well, I hope you get your wife that gift. I think she would like that a lot.

    Loved all the funnies. As always.

    Have a fabulous day my friend. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. you'll get mary lou a great present, i know you will!

    smiles, bee
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!