Saturday, December 27, 2014

Saturday's Wonder



Even though we don't snow yet, I love a picture like this one. It reminds me of a movie called " Heidi " with Shirley Temple of her grandfather who lived in the mountains and eventually saved her from scrupulous people. I loved that movie.
I wonder how many people keep their Christmas trees and lights up after Christmas? At my house, we start taking things off New Years Day and by 5:00, all the Christmas decorations are packed in their boxes waiting until next year. It takes me a couple days to finally get use to it but then I'm raring to go and that means my cruise to the Caribbean. Whoopie!!!!!!!!!!!

        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

New Years Quote of the Day


        -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Saturday's Funnies








On New Year's Eve, Ann stood up in the local pub and said that it was time to get ready.

At the stroke of midnight, she wanted every husband to be standing next to the one person who made his life worth living.

As the clock struck - the bartender was almost crushed to death.



Starting a Diet

Two girlfriends were talking at a New Year's Eve party. The talk got around to what their resolutions would be.
"I'm going to start a diet to get rid of all of these extra pounds I put on over the holidays," Kim said.
"Good!" Katrina exclaimed. "I'm ready to start a diet too. We can be dieting buddies and help each other out. When I feel the urge to drive out and get a burger and fries, I'll call you first."
"Great!" Kim replied. "I'll ride with you."


Jemima was taking an afternoon nap on New Year's Eve before the festivities. After she woke up, she confided to Max, her husband, 'I just dreamed that you gave me a diamond ring for a New Year's present. What do you think it all means?'
'Aha, you'll know tonight,' answered Max smiling broadly.
At midnight, as the New Year was chiming, Max approached Jemima and handed her small package. Delighted and excited she opened it quickly. There in her hand rested a book entitled: 'The meaning of dreams'.
 
              ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Between Christmas and New Years I find is a vacuum of boredom. I can't wait for New Years Eve because that tell me that cruising time is near. Right Bee? New Years Day the 1st, Bee's cruise the 3rd and Paul's cruise the 24th. All on January. I can't wait until 2015. Have a wonderful Saturday. See ya.
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. We didn't decorate at all this year. We have two families on the block that take their decorations down the day after Christmas and the rest leave them up until after the new year. One neighbor has his light on right now. They were on all night. Everyone is different.

    Loved all the funnies. The starting the diet one is spot on. I'll ride along too.

    Oh, yes I can dance Paul.

    Have a fabulous day my friend. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. some frisky ones today? ha ha ha ha, guess i know where your mind is today!

    smiles, bee
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!