Friday, January 16, 2015

Waiting for My Cruise


Life is so good. I woke up this morning. See this photo above, I'll be walking along this corridor soon. I'm so excited. You my friends have to be bored with my constant writing about the upcoming cruise. Sorry.
Last night Al & Meilin did visit us and Al & I did play some pool. They brought my daughter, AmyLynn their birthday present, a card with $100 in it. Yes, my daughter has her birthday on the 25th of January and we'll be on our cruise. She's use to it because most years our cruises had been on her birthday. Next week we'll take her out to dinner and give her her birthday present, whatever it will be. I never know until she opens her card or gift. I just smile as if I knew about what it was before she received it. I'm a man, I would never know really what to get her but my wife does.

                 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------









          ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Friday's Funnies

About 2 years ago my wife and I were on a cruise through the western Mediterranean aboard a Princess liner.
At dinner we noticed an elderly lady sitting alone along the rail of the grand stairway in the main dining room. I also noticed that all the staff, ships officers, waiters,
busboys, etc., all seemed very familiar with this lady.
I asked our waiter who the lady was, expecting to be told that she owned the line, but he said he only knew that she had been on board for the last four cruises, back to back.
As we left the dining room one evening I caught her eye and stopped to say hello. We chatted and I said, "I understand you've been on this ship for the last four cruises".
She replied, "Yes, that's true. It's cheaper than a nursing home".
After talking with her, I decided there will be no nursing home in my future. When I get old and feeble, I am going to get on a Princess Cruise Ship.
The average cost for a nursing home is $200 per day. I have checked on reservations at Princess and I can get a long-term discount and senior discount price of $135 per day. That leaves $65 a day for:
1. Gratuities, which will only be $10 per day.
2. I will have as many as 10 meals a day if I can waddle to the restaurant, or I can have room service (which means I can have breakfast in bed every day of the week).
3. Princess has as many as three swimming pools, a workout room, free washers and dryers, and shows every night.
4. They have free toothpaste and razors, and free soap and shampoo.
5. They will even treat you like a customer, not a patient. An extra $5 worth of tips will have the entire staff scrambling to help you.
6. I will get to meet new people every 7 or 14 days.
7. T.V. broken? Light bulb need changing? Need to have the mattress replaced? No Problem! They will fix everything and apologize for the inconvenience.
8. Clean sheets and towels every day, and you don't even have to ask for them.
9. If you fall in the nursing home and break a hip, you are on Medicare; if you fall and break a hip on the Princess ship, they will upgrade you to a suite for the rest of your life.
Now hold on for the best! Do you want to see South America, the Panama Canal, Tahiti, Australia, New Zealand, Asia, or name where you want to go?
Princess will have a ship ready to go. So don't look for me in a nursing home, just call shore to ship.
PS: And don't forget, when you die, they just dump you over the side at NO EXTRA CHARGE!
                ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Friday's Poem
 

Picture Perfect

She stood there by the ocean,
The breeze gently lifted her hair.
Of that seagull just above her,
She was totally unaware.

Seemingly floating in the sky,
The seagull's wings were still.
I think it paused to take good aim,
And drop a mess at will.

Too late she looked above her head,
Where the seagull hovered now.
Then as I watched in horror,
Bird droppings hit her brow.

Her scream pierced the balmy air.
Splat! The stuff hit her face.
Then she saw my camera and me,
And stomped off in disgrace.

 
 This ship is far to large. I might lose my wife and she might lose me. Don't tell her. Ha,ha,ha.

                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well that's about it for now. You might just have to put up with me for a week unti I go for my cruise. I'm even worse after I get back. Just ask my daughter. I plan on blogging about my cruise after I get back with many photos. That's me. Have a great Friday friends. See ya.


This is what I'll first see once I get on the Carnival Liberty. I can't wait.



1 comment:

  1. Loved the jokes. Especially about the cost of the cruise versus a nursing home. This is probably right.

    You talk about your cruise all you want. You've waited for this cruise for months and months and it's almost here. And then there is the warm weather too.

    Have a fabulous day my friend. ☺

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!