Monday, March 9, 2015

Warmer Monday

I've got my coffee. Have you? This week seems to start off with some warmth, something that we haven't had for such a long time. This week will be in the middle 40's and by Thursday near 50's. This will help get rid of some of this snow. Good riddance. Last night Al & Meilin took us out to dinner at Riccardo's, as I said a place I really enjoy. We came back to our house and had chocolate cake with chocolate frosting with pieces of chocolate  inside. Al likes chocolate. AS I said I told hime that when he returns after seeing his mother in Vancouver, I would make a cake for him. He & I played some pool but after beating him 5 times in a row, he decided to leave and go home to watch curling.  Today I have to see my doctor to discuss about my x - rays on my ankle. It seems that I have bone spurs in my ankle. I want to see what I have to do about it because I've been in pain since the beginning of January. It's not something dangerous but I wanted to find if I could do something other then having an operation. 

                  -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------








                   --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Monday's Funnies


 

An Italian Boy's Confession

"Bless me Father, for I have sinned. I have been with a loose girl."
The priest asks, "Is that you, little Joey Pagano?"
"'Yes, Father, it is."
"And who was the girl you were with?"
"I can't tell you, Father. I don't want to ruin her reputation."
"Well, Joey, I'm sure to find out her name sooner or later so you may as well tell me now. Was it Tina Minetti?"
"I cannot say."
"Was it Teresa Mazzarelli?"
"I'll never tell."
"Was it Nina Capelli?"
"I'm sorry, but I cannot name her."
"Was it Cathy Piriano?"
"My lips are sealed."
"Was it Rosa DiAngelo, then?"
"Please, Father, I cannot tell you."
The priest sighs in frustration. "You're very tight lipped, and I admire that. But you've sinned and have to atone. You cannot be an altar boy now for 4 months. Now you go and behave yourself."
Joey walks back to his pew, and his friend Franco slides over and whispers, "What'd you get?"
"Four months vacation and five good leads!"



How to Get a Raise

A maid asked the lady of the house for a pay increase.
Her boss was annoyed at this and asked, "Now Maria, why do you deserve a pay increase?"
Maria: "Well, Senora, there are three reasons why I want an increase. The first is that I iron better than you."
Wife: "Who said you iron better than me?"
Maria: "Your husband said so."
Wife: "Oh."
Maria: "The second reason is that I am a better cook than you."
Wife: "Nonsense, who said you were a better cook than me?"
Maria: "Your husband did."
Wife: "Oh."
Maria: "My third reason is that I am a better lover than you."
Wife: (really furious now) "Did my husband say that as well?!"
Maria: "No Senora, the gardener did."
Wife: "So how much do you want?"




The Lone Ranger

The Lone Ranger and Tonto went camping in the desert. After they got their tent all set up, they fell sound asleep.
Some hours later, Tonto wakes The Lone Ranger and says, "Kemo Sabi, look towards sky, what you see?"
The Lone Ranger replies, "I see millions of stars."
"What that tell you?" asked Tonto.
The Lone Ranger ponders for a minute, then says, "Astronomically speaking, it tells me there are millions of galaxies and potentially billions of planets. Astrologically, it tells me Saturn is in Leo. Time wise, it appears to be approximately a quarter past three in the morning. Theologically, it's evident the Lord is all-powerful and we are small and insignificant. Meteorologically, it seems we will have a beautiful day tomorrow. What's it tell you, Tonto?
Tonto is silent for a moment, then says, "Kemo Sabi,
you dumb ass. It tell me someone stolen tent."

                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Past Cruise Photos

                      This is the Atrium Bar on the Carnival Legend. This was our first cruise.

                This is the Carnival Legend, our very first cruise ship at the pier at St. Maarten

                 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm done for today. After I come back from the doctor's, I need to go outside and try to break up the ice near the drain. If not the water is just going to sit there and make a mess. Have a wonderful day. See ya.




1 comment:

  1. I'm having coffee right now Paul. It's 8am and time for coffee.

    Love the gardener joke. That's a sure way of getting a raise.

    I see you're ready for another cruise.

    Have a fabulous day and enjoy the warmer weather. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!