Sunday, May 10, 2015

Happy Mother's Day Sunday

Good morning to all the wonderful mothers and those that in the process of having a new child. You are all wonderful & fantastic people. I went to the mausoleum and brought two artificial calla lilies
 ( they won't allow real flowers in the place ) and also had a mother's day card. We were talking about my mother last night and remembering of all the wonderful things that she did in her life especially for us. We still miss a great deal even though she has been gone since 2013. Happy Mother's Day Mom.
As far as my wife, last night her daughter and family took her out for dinner and gave her some wonderful gifts. Earlier in the week AmyLynn took her mother out to buy some flowers. As far as me, I gave her a gift, me. Ha,ha,ha. Now don't get angry with me. I've got a card and I'm taking her out for dinner and maybe a special thing.

                       -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------











Mother's Day Funnies


Things Mom Would Never Say

  • "How on earth can you see the TV sitting so far back?"
  • "Yeah, I used to skip school a lot, too"
  • "Just leave all the lights on ... it makes the house look more cheery"
  • "Let me smell that shirt -- Yeah, it's good for another week"
  • "Go ahead and keep that stray dog, honey. I'll be glad to feed and walk him every day"
  • "Well, if Rod's mamma says it's OK, that's good enough for me."
  • "The curfew is just a general time to shoot for. It's not like I'm running a prison around here."
  • "I don't have a tissue with me ... just use your sleeve"
  • "Don't bother wearing a jacket - the wind-chill is bound to improve"

Phone Home?
Lionel phones his mother living in Springfield, MA USA.
'Mum, how are you?' he asks.
'Not too good,' answers Lionel's mother, 'I've been very weak.'
Lionel, concerned asks, 'Why are you so weak, mother?'
She says, 'Because I haven't eaten in 23 days'
Lionel stammers, 'That's terrible. Why haven't you eaten in 23 days?'
His mother replies, 'Because I didn't want my mouth to be filled with food if you should phone.'



More Mother's Day Humour

Over the centuries mothers have given their children plenty of good advice;  

COLUMBUS'S MOTHER: I don't care what you've discovered, Christopher.  You could have written.
MICHELANGELO'S MOTHER: Mike, can't you paint on walls like other children?  Do you have any idea how hard it is to get that stuff off the ceiling?
NAPOLEON'S MOTHER: All right, Napoleon. If you aren't hiding your report card inside your jacket, then take your hand out of there and prove it.
GOLDILOCKS'S MOTHER: I've got a bill here for a broken chair from the Bear family.  Do you know anything about this Goldie?
ALBERT EINSTEIN'S MOTHER: But, Albert, it's your senior picture. Can't you do something about your hair?  Styling gel, mousse, something...?
THOMAS EDISON'S MOTHER: Of course I'm proud that you invented the electric light bulb, Thomas. Now turn off that light and get to bed!HUMPTY DUMPTY'S MOTHER:
HUMPTY DUMPTY'S MOTHER: Humpty, If I've told you once, I've told you a hundred times not to sit on that wall. But would you listen to me? No!



                               -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mother' Day Poem

 
                 ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Past Cruise Photos

                                                                            St. Thomas

   This is the Carnival Dream ( the large one ) docked in Tortala along side of the Thomson Dream
( the small one )

                                      --------------------------------------------------------------------


                    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well it's time for me to go. I'm taking my wife out for brunch. Didn't I tell you that? Yes, later, I'll be taking her out to dinner. All of you mothers, have a peaceful but quiet day.

                                                         
                                                                   SEE YA.



13 comments:

  1. I know you'll take good care of your wife today. Not to worry. You treat her very well. Thank you for that.

    Loved all the jokes. In fact I stole one and posted it on a friends blog.

    Have a fabulous day my friend and please wish your wonderful wife a very Happy Mothers Day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you have a great Mothers Day with your wife Paul :-)

    I larfed at the jokes but I loved the two photos ;-)

    Have a great week ahead :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to see ya stevebrthere. Have a great day.

      Delete
  3. This post of yours, Paul is like a Mother's Day gift in itself. :D It brought me many smiles and great laughter. Thank you ... and I hope you and your wife have a wonderful day from beginning to end. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Mother's Day to your wife, Paul. This is a lovely tribute filled with inspiration and laughter. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for devoting this post to all mothers:)
    And by the way, you are a lovable husband!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for devoting this post to all mothers:)
    And by the way, you are a lovable husband!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Of course you will treat your wife as she deserves today! And every day.

    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!