Thursday, February 25, 2016

Snowy, Snowy, Snowy Thursday

As I watch the snow flowing down from the sky out my window, I wonder what it must be like to be sitting on my balcony with my wife as we  look out at the water and enjoy the warmth of the sun.

Last night my friends visited us and Al & I enjoyed playing pool again. I has bee over a month since we played and believe it or not, neither one of us messed out. We still knew what do with cue stick. ha,ha,ha. 
Today I'm going to lunch with my cousin Dan. Another person I haven't been with over a month. Since I was sick I didn't want to give my sickness to them.
                                   ----------------------------------------------------------------










Four Catholic men and a Catholic woman


Four Catholic men and a Catholic woman were having coffee when one of the Catholic men tells his friends, "My son is a priest, when he walks into a room, everyone calls him 'Father'."

The second Catholic man chirps, "My son is a Bishop. When he walks into a room people call him 'Your Grace'."

The third Catholic gent says, "My son is a Cardinal. When he enters a room everyone says 'Your Eminence'."

The fourth Catholic man then says, "My son is the Pope. When he walks into a room people call him 'Your Holiness'."

Since the lone Catholic woman was sipping her coffee in silence, the four men give her a subtle, "Well....?"

She proudly replies, "I have a daughter, slim, tall, 38D breast, 24" waist and 34" hips. When she walks into a room, people say, "Oh - My - God." 
 
 

Extra Effort Award

I was due for an appointment with the gynecologist later in the week. Early one morning, I received a call from the doctor's office to tell me that I had been rescheduled for that morning at 9:30 a.m.

I had only just packed everyone off to work and school, and it was already around 8:45 am. The trip to his office took about 35 minutes, so I didn't have any time to spare.

As most women do, I like to take a little extra effort over hygiene when making such visits, but this time I wasn't going to be able to make the full effort.

So, I rushed upstairs, threw off my pajamas, wet the washcloth that was sitting next to the sink, and gave myself a quick wash in "that area" to make sure I was at least presentable. I threw the washcloth in the clothes basket, donned some clothes, hopped in the car and raced to my appointment.

I was in the waiting room for only a few minutes when I was called in. Knowing the procedure, as I'm sure you do, I hopped up on the table, looked over at the other side of the room and pretended that I was in Paris or some other place a million miles away. I was a little surprised when the doctor said, "My, we have made an extra effort this morning, haven't we?" I didn't respond.

After the appointment, I heaved a sigh of relief and went home. The rest of the day was normal... some shopping, cleaning, cooking, etc. After school when my six year old daughter was playing, she called out from the bathroom, "Mommy, where's my washcloth?"

I told her to get another one from the cupboard. She replied, "No, I need the one that was here by the sink, it had all my glitter and sparkles saved inside it."
 
 
                      -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
          Well guess what? It's still snowing. I wish I was back on one of the islands any island. 
 
    Not Bonaire! Any island but Bonaire. 
 
                        Now you are talking, Grand Turk. I love how beautiful the water is.
 
                                                 -------------------------------------------------------------
 
                                                            That's it for now my friends. 
 
                                                                                   SEE YA !
 
 
 
 

6 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had a great day visiting and catching up. That's always a wonderful thing.

    Loved all the jokes as always.

    It's cool here this morning but the sun is shining brightly.

    Have a fabulous day. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good you caught up with some and take your mind off the snow heheh!

    Loved the pictures & jokes I know a few that like to reduce wine like that LOL

    Have a snowtastic day Paul :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your new header and your jokes, especially the little girls on the scale.

    We got 11.2" of wet, heavy snow last night (West MI). My dog got stuck in it and I had to dig him a way out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now that you are feeling better, i hope the weather gets better, too, so you can enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a very nice header. I like it. Good to hear you are feeling better now. Thank you for all the funny jokes. I like the 2 little girls with the weighing scale. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Reduce the wine...hahah! Good one.

    Stay warm.

    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!