Wednesday, March 9, 2016

Spring Has Sprung Already


Happy days are here again. Yesterday the temperature was in the 70's and it will be the same today. I even took the bumble bee out of the garage. I can't take it out on the road yet until I put the insurance on again. I won't do that until April. I looked so wonderful outside. 
                                  ----------------------------------------------------------------------










 

What Is a Grandparent?
Will and Guy Bring You Funny, But Real, Answers

Will and Guy's friend, Mrs Margaret Mather is a Primary school teacher; she has recorded the answers she was given in a class discussion, they could make you smile or even laugh:
  • Grandparents are a lady and a man who have no little children of their own.  They like other peoples.
  • A grandfather is a man and a grandmother is a lady.
  • Grandparents don't have to do anything except be there when we come to see them. They are so old they shouldn't play hard or run. It is good if they drive us to the shops and give us money.
  • When they take us for walks, they slow down past things like pretty leaves and caterpillars.
  • They show us and talk to us about the colours of the flowers and also why we shouldn't step on "cracks."
  • They don't say, 'Hurry up.'
  • Usually grandmothers are fat but not too fat to tie your shoes.
  • They wear glasses and funny underwear.
  • They can take their teeth and gums out.
  • They have to answer questions like 'Why isn't God married?' and 'How come dogs chase cats?'
  • When they read to us, they don't skip. They don't mind if we ask for the same story over again.
  • Everybody should try to have a grandmother, especially if you don't have television because they are the only grownups who like to spend time with us.
  • They know we should have snack time before bed time, and they say prayers with us and kiss us even when we've acted bad. 


Loving, Funny and Amusing Thoughts On Grandparents

  • The reason grandchildren and grandparents get along so well is that they have a common enemy. - Sam Levenson
  • My grandkids believe I'm the oldest thing in the world. And after two or three hours with them, I believe it, too. - Gene Perret
  • The best baby-sitters, of course, are the baby's grandparents. You feel completely comfortable entrusting your baby to them for long periods, which is why most grandparents flee to Florida. - Dave Barry
  • One of the most powerful handclasps is that of a new grandbaby around the finger of a grandfather. - Joy Hargrove
  • Two things I dislike about my granddaughter - when she won't take her afternoon nap, and when she won't let me take mine. - Gene Perret
  • My grandfather once told me that there are two kinds of people: those who work and those who take the credit. He told me to try to be in the first group; there was less competition there. - Indira Gandhi
  • The average man will bristle if you say his father was dishonest, but he will brag a little if he discovers that his great-grandfather was a pirate. - Bern Williams
  • My grandfather is the king, my Dad's the prince. I guess that makes me the butler. - Adam Petty 

                                          ----------------------------------------------------------------

My grandparents were very important in my life, my parents were important in my children's life and now that I'm a grandfather, I always want to be important in my grandchildren's life. It's so nice giving them things and then sending them home to their parents. Ha,ha,ha. 

                                                                                  SEE YA!

 
 
                                 

5 comments:

  1. I've never been blessed with children or grandchildren but that first picture at the time rings true. LOL

    We had a high of 69 degrees here yesterday and boy did it seem great not to wear a winter coat. Going to get a bunch of rainy days now. But it's spring and that's what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All our blossoms are pretty much gone and have been replaced by green leaves. We've had our first spring and pretty soon we'll have another taste and then it gets hot.

    Love all the grandparent things today. It's great being a grandparent.

    Have a fabulous day my friend. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. If i ever do have grandchildren, i hope to be able to spoil them and take a lot of time with them. Have a great Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Were blossomless so far LOL but we have plenty of rain...no change there then haha!

    Loved the grandparent stuf thanks for the laugh :-)

    Have a springtastic day Paul :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Being a grandmother is fabulous! Blessed. Loved all the funnies.

    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!