Saturday, June 22, 2019

Beautiful Saturday

What a beautiful Saturday morning friends. This weekend is supposed to be fantastic. On Monday my granddaughter will graduate from grade eight and then she goes to high school next year. Emily has been chosen to give the valedictorian speech this year in her class. We are so proud of this beautiful & brilliant young girl. I remember seeing her in the hospital when she was born. Now she's graduating from grade school. Oh my, I'm crying with happiness.


             My grandaughter, the graduate

         ------------------------------------------------

          After Graduating from High School, David moves away from home to study at University. One of his letters home reads: Dear Father, University i$ really great. I am making lot$ of friend$ and $tudying very hard. With all my $tuff, I $imply ¢an't think of anything I need, $o if you would like, you can ju$t $end me a card, a$ I would love to hear from you. Love, Your $on. 

 After receiving his son's letter, the father immediately replies by sending a letter back. Dear David, I kNOw that astroNOmy, ecoNOmics, and oceaNOgraphy are eNOugh to keep even an hoNOr student busy. Do NOt forget that the pursuit of kNOwledge is a NOble task, and you can never study eNOugh. Love, Dad

 
The young accounting graduate, fresh out of uni and knowing everything, applied for his first job. The prospective employer asked him what starting salary he was looking for. "Oh, around $100,000 a year, depending on the benefits package." "Well, how does this sound? Five weeks annual leave, 22.5% superannuation, paid expenses to overseas conferences every year, home telephone reimbursed and a company car replaced every 20,000 kilometers, say a Mercedes convertible." The graduate sat up straight and tried not to look excited. "Wow. Are you kidding?" "Yeah. But you started it."

 

 

A young man hired by a supermarket reported for his first day of work. The manager greeted him with a warm handshake and a smile, gave him a broom and said, "Your first job will be to sweep out the store." "But I'm a college graduate," the young man replied indignantly. "Oh, I'm sorry. I didn't know that," said the manager. "Here, give me the broom – I'll show you how."

 

 


It was graduation day and Mom was trying to take a picture of their son in a cap and gown, posed with his father. "Let’s try to make this look natural" she said. "Junior, put your arm around your dad’s shoulder." The father answered, "If you want it to look natural, why not have him put his hand in my pocket?"

 

 

 

              -------------------------------------------------------

Graduating from either grade school, high school or college, it is a great accomplishment.   Congratulations all the graduates.

                                   -------------------------


                                " See ya my friends "

Cruisin Paul

 

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your granddaughters graduation. They grow up so fast.

    Love all the jokes and really liked the letter from the son and fathers reply. Great way to say no.

    Have a fabulous day and weekend, Paul. ♪♫♪♫

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're totally correct Sandee. They are babies one day and they graduate the next day.

      Delete
  2. Congratulations to your grand daughter. The world can use more smart people like her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Rhonda. I think she'll go places in the future.

      Delete
  3. they all grow in a blink of an eye. Congratulations to your granddaughter. you must be proud. One of my granddaughters will graduate next year, but still have 3 more after that. How many grandkids do you have.

    Thanks for the laughs.

    TrippinTim

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tim, I'm very proud of her. I have 5 grandchildren.

      Delete
    2. Wow....you must have your hands full!

      Delete
  4. Congratulations to your graduate, and i love the "he should put his hand in my pocket!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to you and family on your grand daughter's graduation. Love the graduation jokes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A big congratulations to your grandaughter I wish her the bery best for the future :-)

    I enjoyed the jokes Pauleo LOL @ "Avoiding the real world is finally over"

    Have a proudtastic week Pauleo :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Steveo. She won three awards and was the valedictorian . I'm very proud of her.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!