Wednesday, June 5, 2019

Crazy Rain Wednesday

Good evening everyone. I had planned on creating my post this morning but during my writing my daughter informed that I had a massage at 10:00  and it was already 9:30 so I had stop and close my computer. Now I can do the post now.
Yesterday I went to see my doctor and I had to have EKG since I have been having some chest pains. After checking me out he said it was just when I bent down that was causing those pains. He did check a growth on my big toe. He said that usually he would say it would say it was a wort but because it looked different then a wort he wanted me to see a dermatologist. He said it might be a form of cancer, that's why he wnts me to have it checked.
My friend Al has been losing a great deal of weight his wife was telling us. He seems to be sleeping a lot during the day. His Parkinson's is now taking a toll on him.
                      ----------------------------------------

   

Describing his teacher to his mother, Jimmy called her “mean but fair.”
“Just what do you mean by that?” – his mother asked.
“She is mean to everybody.” – Jimmy replied.

Pupil (on phone): My son has a bad cold and won’t be able to come to school today.
School Secretary: Who is this?
Pupil: This is my father speaking!

Mother: How do you like your new teacher?
Son: I don’t. She told me to sit up the front for the present and then she didn’t give me one!



   “Johnny, where’s your homework?” Miss Martin said sternly to the little boy while holding out her hand.
“My dog ate it,” was his solemn response.
“Johnny, I’ve been a teacher for eighteen years. Do you really expect me to believe that?”
“It’s true, Miss Martin, I swear it is,” insisted Johnny. “I had to smear it with honey, but I finally got him to eat it.”





After raising four kids and losing one husband, I decided to return to college and get the degree I had started but never finished. And so, on my first day of college, eager with anticipation, and more than a little nervous, I took a front row seat in my first class in over 40 years ... a literature course.

The professor told us we would be responsible for reading five books over the course of the semester, and that he would provide us with a list of authors from which we could choose.

He ambled over to the lectern, took out a paper, and began: "Baker, Black, Brooks, Carter, Cook..."

I was working feverishly to get down all the names when I felt a tap on my shoulder. The student behind me whispered, "Slow down... he's just taking attendance."





                              -----------------------------------


                            
                           " See Ya Soon My Friends " 



Cruisin Paul
  

4 comments:

  1. Teachers are wonderful. Hope you get a clean bill of health from every doctor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I taught 31 years and I loved everything I did with my students.

      Delete
  2. Hi Pauleo hope it's stopepd raining by now heheh! we had loads yesterday today it's chilly and windy (the weather not me)

    I hope all turns out ok with your toe I am sure it will, Al seems to be going through so much hope he's ok in himself.
    My rheumatology consultant has prescribed me a new drug to help with the pain only thing is it does the same as the one I am already taking it lowers the immune system so I have to doubly watch out for infections now arrgh

    Ienjoyed the funnies thanks fro making me smile Pauleo have a tanfastical weekend and I hope you enjoyed your massage the other day :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well Steveo, the last three days we've had no rain. Lucky us but it looks like rain tomorrow. As far as my toe, He said it might be cancer but has he said to me, he doubts it.
      Lowering your immune system, isn't dangerous? I'll be thinking about you my friend.
      We are seeing Al this afternoon. We spoke to Meilin and she in formed us that Al's doctor told her that he only has about a year. That really hit me hard. Take it easy Steveo.

      Cruisin Paul

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!