Saturday, February 15, 2020

Very Cold Saturday

Hi there everyone. Good morning from a cold morning in Amherstburg, Ontario, CANADA. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
Well this is my final blog dealing with my cruise. It will deal with Bonaire and everything towards the end of my cruise.
Earlier you saw how beautiful Curacao was. Now you'll see what Bonaire has for us.

This is the docking area. It looks OK doesn't it.
This was where we took our excursion. It was another trolly around the city but this driver drove quickly.
I began to noticed that Bonaire isn't a Curacao
This next home shocked me.
This in the front of the home.
This was the best looking house so I asked the driver how are the taxes and he said they don't pay any taxes. Maybe that's the reason the places looks like it is. Many people from the US & Canada live there for this reason. 
 This was one interesting thing about Bonaire, they have many cacti and some people even use them to create fences. I'm sure a crook wouldn't want to try to go over it.

This excursion wasn't that good as far as going around the city. The above photo meant we were near the ater now which meant we were near our ship.
There was one very interesting thing I saw though. Have you ever seen a shoe tree? I have.
On the other side of the tree was even a surfboard.
You remember where my ship docked right. Well look at this.
This is the AIDA, the other ship that was also in with us. Well the lady talking about Bonaire said to us" We thank you for joining us today and now you can go back to your ship." YOUR SHIP?????? One man said, " Oops, you have made a big mistake, this isn't OUR SHIP !" They quickly took us back to OUR SHIP . Ha,ha,ha,ha.
Good bye Bonaire. Next island Grand Cayman. We've been there so many times MaryLou & I stayed on board.
Many people were going on shore but Grand Cayman has no dock therefore people are tended to the island.



One comes, fills up, leaves another arrives to get more people. Stop and think about this. This ship has over 3000 people onboard. A dock is simple, tendering must be difficult.
MaryLou & I went to the Solarium pool for the morning after breakfast.
This isn't me. I asked MaryLou to take a photo of me in the pool so you could see me in the darn pool. Well she tried and all she had was black photo. So my friends all I could  show you was this photo.
Yes, those are my feet so that I could prove to you that I had spent time at the pool. You can laugh now.
The Solarium Pool is beautiful. 






We are now on our way to Fort Lauderdale. One very interesting about this cruise and that was the water. Usually you have waves, some times big waves. Well not this time. Once we left Fort Lauderdale the ocean became smooth. I mean really smooth. We had 11 days are great smooth water. One day it even became eerie. The ocean became like glass, like ice.

It was a little scary to see the ocean like this but as I said, 11 days of really no bad waves.

I took a selfie. It's not to good but I wanted to do it to say " Thank You " for taking your time to see my photos of my cruise. I enjoyed it and I hope you did too. 
Until the next time,
             This cruise is finished.

PS: This the photo of my next ship
               The Celebrity Equinox

My next itinerary is
Fort Lauderdale 
Two days at Sea
St. Croix, U.S.V.I.
Basseterre, St. Kitts & Nevis
Bridgetown, Barbados
St. George's, Grenada ( New Island )
Castries, St. Lucia
Kingstown, St. Vincent ( New Island )
St. John's, Antigua
Two days at Sea
Back to Fort Lauderdale

12 Night Ultimate Southern Caribbean Cruise

See you then. Why not join me on the Celebrity Equinox? See ya.


Cruisin Paul

This David, a waiter in the Oceanview Cafe. He was quite a character. He remembered me from last years cruise so asked him if I could taake his photo and this is how he took his photo. We laughed with this character. He was a happy person.

10 comments:

  1. I was in Bonaire once for diving so I didn't see too much of the town. The fence of cacti is quite amusing. I'm glad you enjoyed your cruise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It seems that it is what Bonaire is most important, diving and other things dealing with the water. I still didn't enjoy the place.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for sharing your cruise with us! It's such fun to see this part of the world through your lens.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always enjoy this blog dealing with my cruise most of all Mimi.

      Delete
  3. Using cacti as fence is unusual but a great idea. I think the slippers and shoes on the tree were left behind by visitors to the beach. Your Ship is a beautiful lady.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The cacti fence caught my eye the most. Silly but impressive.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post Pauleo i enjoyed all the photos the cacti made me laugh haha! glad you enjoyed your cruise now you can look forward to the next one heheh!

    Have a wavetastic week :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Steveo, I really enjoyed this cruise and I'm already for next year's cruise.Whoopee.

      Delete
  6. I'm glad you had a great cruise you two. Lots of great shots too.

    Most of the time I can't get your site to open. It brings me to another screen. I don't know why, but I have two blogger blogs that I can get on from time to time.

    Have a fabulous day. 😎

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that Sandee. It seems everyone has a problem at times but thank God they can still get to my blog.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!