Wednesday, November 6, 2019

Wednesday Evening

Well, it's 6:30pm and I'm writing my blog. I spent the entire afternoon shopping with my wife and she didn't buy a thing. I did. I bought two pair of good slacks , a jacket, one jogging pants. During the morning I went to Walmart and bought two boxes of Keurig coffee, one for Mary Lou and one for me and also bought three boxes of Christmas lights. WOW! What a day. Now it's time rest.

            ------------------------------------------------




                         ----------------------------------------

   
A trooper pulls over a priest and immediately smells alcohol on his breath. The next thing he notices is an empty wine bottle lying on the passenger seat.
“Have you been drinking?” the officer asks.
“Just water,” says the priest.
“Then why do I smell wine?”
The priest looks at the bottle and shouts, “Good Lord! He’s done it again!”


                                         ------------------------------------------

ne Sunday in a Midwest City, a young child was "acting up" during the morning worship hour. The parents did their best to maintain some sense of order in the pew but were losing the battle.
      
      Finally, the father picked the little fellow up and walked sternly up the aisle on his way out.
      
      Just before reaching the safety of the foyer, the little one called loudly to the congregation, "Pray for me! Pray for me!"


                                        -------------------------------------------------



                           ------------------------------------------

 
                             ---------------------------------------

A well-worn one dollar bill and a similarly distressed twenty dollar bill arrived at a Federal Reserve Bank to be retired. As they moved along the conveyor belt to be burned, they struck up a conversation.
      
      The twenty dollar bill reminisced about its travels all over the county. "I've had a pretty good life," the twenty proclaimed. "Why I've been to Las Vegas and Atlantic City, the finest restaurants in New York, performances on Broadway, and even a cruise to the Caribbean."
      
      "Wow!" said the one dollar bill. "You've really had an exciting life!"
      
      "So tell me," says the twenty, "where have you been throughout your lifetime?"
      
      The one dollar bill replies, "Oh, I've been to the Methodist Church, the Baptist Church, the Lutheran Church ...."
      
      The twenty dollar bill interrupts, "What's a church?"


                           --------------------------------------------

A minister was walking to church one morning when he passed one of his members working in his garden. "Can't you hear those bells calling you to church?" asked the minister.
      
      "Eh, what's that?" said the member.
      
      "Can't you hear those bells calling you to church?"
      
      "I'm afraid you'll have to speak a little louder!" said the member.
      
      "CAN'T YOU HEAR THOSE BELLS CALLING YOU TO CHURCH?!" shouted the minister.
      
      "I'm sorry," said the member, "I can't hear you because of those darned BELLS!"

                          ------------------------------------------

     ----------------------------------------------------------------

 

                ----------------------------------------------------


                              See ya Friends


Cruisin Paul
 



8 comments:

  1. Heeheehee! Thanks for the funnies, have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well at least you got your shopping done. I agree that shopping is very tiring.

    Love all the funnies. It's good to have some chuckles in the morning.

    Have a fabulous day, Paul. 😎

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Sandee, everything is all done. Now I can wait until Christmas and my cruise.

      Delete
  3. I dislike shopping so good for you for getting that big haul you got.
    Thanks for the morning giggles Paul!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree with you Peg. I wish people would come to me. LOL

      Delete
  4. I absolutely hate shopping it is so crowded around here it's a nightmare glad you got yours sorted Pauleo :-)

    I liked your funny scared joke stutterer pompom LOL

    Have a holytastic weekend Pauleo and enjoy your coffee :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!