Saturday, April 23, 2022

Frank Gets Married.

Amherstburg

As Frank's life went he met & dated a beautiful young girl, Sundina Simone also called Susie. The Pietrangelo and  Simone families lived in the same town Roccamorice in Italy. Susie's parents and her brother Carmen immigrated to Canada. Later her parents had three other children, Sundina, Mary & Donato. After dating Susie for a short time, Frank decided to ask Susie to marry him and she said yes.


Frank bought a piece of land in the same are where his father had and Frank began building his and Susie home. After years they had three children, Paul ( me ), Thomas & a daughter Dianne.


This is the home that Frank built. My son Michael painted this painting of my father & mother's home. Our home for many years.

The Italians in the area built a club for the Italians to get together to enjoy their food, to play bocce and eventually have parties together.

They called it " The Verdi Club " after the composer Giuseppe Verdi. Frank became one of the clubs presidents. In fact he became it's club's president twice. He worked very had for the Italians in the area.


I worked on the club for awhile and I worked with a man and friend, Emedio Menna. He told me a story about my dad, Frank, that when he came from Roccamorice he knew no one and when he came off the train in Windsor, it was Francesco, Frank was there to pick him up and helped him to settle down in Amherstburg. He said that many Italian men from Italy came off the train and it was Frank who was there to pick them up. 


Here was Frank cooking ribs during one of the Verdi Club's Celebrations. 


  Later in the evening near the ending of one of the Verdi Club's celebrations,  Frank and the club's committee were able to bring a two very special  Italian singers. That was a very special evening.

 I will continue about my dad's unbelievable  life in my next section of my blog. Ciao.


 

                      --------------------------

 

Cruisin Paul

 



                      


8 comments:

  1. The pic of your dad with ribs looks like you. πŸ™‚
    Ciao

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You know Peg, you are the first person to say that I looked like my dad. Thank you for that.

      Delete
  2. You're welcome! You do.😁 Sadly I look like mine but I'm a girl. Lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're a good looking woman Peg. Rick married you. He's no nope. He knew what he wanted.

      Delete
  3. What a nice post and story Pauleo and I thought the same as Peggy you do look like your dad, that painting your son did was brilliant he's a very talented artist πŸ§‘‍🎨

    Have a nostalgictastic week Pauleo πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Steveo for saying that I look like my dad. It must be the nose. My son is a brilliant artist. as he got older, the art got better and better.

      Delete
  4. Another beautiful post about your father and your mother. I felt your love for them and am looking forward to the next installment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol. I'm so happy that you're enjoying this blog about dad. I wonder how he would think about my blog about him? I loved both my parents and miss them immensely.

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!