Sunday, July 3, 2022

A Very Restful Vacation

Well I'm back good friends and after a very relaxful week on vacation I'm feeling very good. I needed this vacation. I spent most of week outside resting and reading. Some days my wife & I went to the Colchester beach sitting at the top of the bluff looking over Lake Erie and the beach, other times we just rested.Let me begin showing where I spent most of my time just resting.



This was my home away from home.

 This was here I spent most of the day in Molly's gardens. Under the trees, with a cool breeze reading my book. This is what I needed.


 Just around the corner from where we were was an eatery called Garfield. On Thursday out good friend Ron & Judy came to visit us and it was here we ate lunch.


 Here was Colchester Beach. I spent time sitting up on the top of the bluff just viewing the lake enjoying the cool breeze. There was an unusual but great thing that allowed me to walk on the beach with my walker. Here is a picture on it.

Well back to Molly's Place. Wednesday evening my wife & I had a fire, marshmellows & Mary Lou enjoying some wine. 


 

 
Mary Lou enjoyed here week. I'm so happy because she works so hard and she needed the rest also.

On Canada Day, our last day at the cottage my daughter Nicole visited us were her family, her husband Joe & our grandchildren Emily & Cole.



 

 and the entire family picture was taken.


 While they were there my wife, Nicole & Emily made cookies. Thery were very good but it was funny watching the three making them.


 Well that's it for my vacation. All I can say is that I needed that week's vacation. I needed that vacation. I needed the rest. 

Mary Lou & I want to thank you the owners of Molly's , Mary Beth & Jersey Laing for allowing us to enjoy our time at Molly's Place.

 

I'm back my friends

 

Paul


 



10 comments:

  1. What a wonderful place to go on vacation and relax - definitely home away from home

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I felt. It was a wonderful cottage to rest & enjoy life.. Thanks to see you again Carol.

      Delete
  2. This looked fabulous Paul! I'm so happy for you. Enjoy the rest of your summer now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Peg. Now I want to know, how are you doing? I wasn't able to comment your last blog. They wouldn't allow us to do it.

      Delete
  3. That looks so peaceful and relaxing. I'm glad you were all able to get together and enjoy your time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was Lin. I would sit in the Molly's Garden under the trees with a cool breeze and just reading my book. It was pure love.

      Delete
  4. What a refreshing time you had! Those beach mats for walkers/wheelchairs are such a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mimi those mats were amazing. Refreshing was the main thing.

      Delete
  5. Nice post Pauleo and I liked the photos and smiles from everyone I am also jealous I would had loved it there heheh!
    That was a nice photo of you altogether too, the beach mats are a brilliant idea first time I have seen them

    Have a lovely week now your back to yourself and feeling better 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Steveo, everything was amazing and I plan on going back next year for more rest. Want to come?

      Delete

Thanks for commenting!