Thursday, February 18, 2016

Very Cold But A Sunny Thursday

Good morning everyone. As I woke up this morning, I looked out my balcony and noticed the mountains of the island of St. Kitts. It meant that we close to the pier. Ten years ago, on our first cruise we docked on St. Kitts. At that time it looked like this.

2007


2016
Today it looks like this.

 This photo with Amy Lou and where she sat wasn't even there 10 years ago.



 I was so excited to go back to this island. Lets  looks back 10 years ago and and bounce to today. We might enjoy this.

2007

 
2016


One thing I noticed, was the size of the ships. In 2007 I thought my ship, the Carnival Legend was gigantic. The cruise ships of today are double and triple in size..

2007

  
2016


Lets see more about St. Kitts today.




These men were dancing throughout the streets and of course one of the dancers was carrying a can for people to put money into it.
 This section hadn't even been built in 2007. Look at the sign, Harley Davidson. To the right was the shop. Straight ahead was a bar. You'll notice that there are many bars around.


 Mary Lou started our tour our St. Kitts and now that we are going back to the ship, I end our tour. Maybe it 10 years, we'll go back to St. Kitts to see if there are any changes.

2007

 Carnival Legend

2016

 Carnival Breeze

Here are two  unusual photos of the past and the present

2007


2016
 

Many more things took place during the rest of the day & night but I'll wait until tomorrow except the following.

 You can see in the foreground their is cruise ship heading out to another island.
Also, Ari didn't forget us. As we entered our cabin after another interesting day and night, surprise.....

 This little animal wanted to have a photo with my watch. OK I said and this little shmuck almost tried to steal it from. 
Have a great night my friend and we'll see you tomorrow.


 
 

3 comments:

  1. I loved the before and after pictures. Way cool.

    Also it looks like you're booking your next cruise already. Good for you.

    Have a fabulous day my friend. ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things change, and yet enough stays the same that you can still say, remember that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos of the before and after. The cruise ship is really huge. I enjoyed your photos very much. Looking forward for more.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!