Monday, December 11, 2023

Well this week, Wednesday at 9:30 I'll be having my left eye operated on. My right eye is good now. My entire home is finally finished decorated for Christmas. My wife went to Chatham and built a beautiful large snowflake with lights and it is now outside on the window. Beautiful.

                    -----------------------------



                        ----------------------------

Cryptic Christmas Card


A man sent his friend a cryptic Christmas card. It said: A B C D E F G H I J
K M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z. The recipient puzzled over it for weeks,
finally gave up and wrote asking for an explanation. In July he received the
explanation on a postcard:
" No L . "

                      ----------------------------

 As a little girl climbed onto Santa's lap, Santa asked the usual, "And what would you like for Christmas?"
The child stared at him open mouthed and horrified for a minute, then gasped:  
"Didn't You Get My E-Mail?"

                         --------------------------


 

                               ----------------------

No Room In The Inn?


A boy wanted to be Joseph in the Sunday School pageant. He was cast as the landlord and objected loudly, but to no avail. When the pageant was presented, Mary and Joseph knocked on the door and asked him if he had a room for them. The boy smiled and said, 
" Yes, Sure, Lots of room. Come on in!

                                  -------------------

God's Not Deaf


Two young boys were spending the night at their grandparents' house the week before Christmas. At bedtime, the two boys knelt beside their beds to say their prayers. The younger one began praying at the top of his lungs:

"I PRAY FOR A NEW BICYCLE..."
"I PRAY FOR A NEW NINTENDO..."

His older brother leaned over, nudged him and said, "Why are you shouting? God isn't deaf." to which the little brother replied, " No, but Grandma is. "

                                  ----------------


 
                           -----------------------



  


 Cruisin Paul



 


8 comments:

  1. I don't recall why you were having surgery on your eye. Cataracts? Good luck to you on whatever it may be. That decoration sounds lovely too Paul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm having problem to answer my name Cruisin Paul Peg. I had my right eye done with cataracts. I was having some problems with it but now everything is OK so on Wednesday I'm having my left eye done. I hope everything goes well. I hope that you are doing well Peg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so much fun, I think I will send the pastor one to the pastor of our church.

    I'll also be praying about your surgery.

    You once asked me on my blog about Carl and his possible future. His father had a 40 year career as a chemist at a large company so did very well and they have a trust fund for him. He has been accepted at a facility where special needs adults can live for their whole lives (the place is currently building an extra facility for older residents who will need more care). They can have jobs on campus, take classes, participate in bowling, golf, and dance contests, there's a gym, art, and plenty of things to do. Sometime in the next year or so they'll have a spot for him and he will move there, about a 6 hour drive away.

    A good friend has her son there, and he loves it so much he often doesn't want to come home to visit. Last summer he told his mom, "I can't come home, I'll miss my golf tournament!"

    Carl will always be able to visit home, of course, and his brother and sister-in-law will manage the money when the time comes (very stable, responsible people), so his future is going to be good. Ms. V is glad to get him settled into such a great place while she's still around to help him get settled, as Mr. L is still as sharp as ever mentally but his pain levels from the deterioration in his neck are getting worse and there's no knowing what the future really holds.

    Anyway, I wrote a dissertation on your blog and if you want to delete it, I will not be offended, but I wanted to let you know there's no need to worry about what's going to happen to Carl.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mimi for your dissertation. LOL You took your time to fully explain about Carl. I totally appreciate the time to write this to me. Your are a wonderful blogger friend. I feel so good about Carl now. Since I said that my own daughter has problems though she is in a very high austism , I worry about her after I pass. My wife & I have arranged things for her and her sister will help her when the time comes. Thank you again for telling me about Carl.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for visiting Pauleo and telling me how your surgery went you will be back to normal in no time and see so much better πŸ‘

    I have added you to my linky as usualπŸ‘

    Have a blinklesstastic week πŸ‘

    ReplyDelete
  5. Steveo, I so happy that you are doing well. LIfe does give us some problems but we will give strength in the process. Friendship though in different countries still gives us the caring about each other. See you Steve.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Carol. I having a difficult time with my name Cruisin Paul

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!