Friday, November 24, 2023

Hello friends. I'm in a Christmas mood. Unfortunately I have to pause that mood because tomorrow I have to go to a memorial for my friend Alan Merritt. He passed away after some time because of Parkinson's. I have been asked to speak at the memorial tomorrow. I met Al when I was 15 years  old and he 20. He spent some time working and learning with my father at the quarry. Eventually Al became an engineer and worked throughout the world. He eventually settled down at Amherstburg where him & I became very good friends.


                RIP my friend.

            -----------------------

Christmas Joke: There's A Fly In My Champagne.


A multinational company held a reception to celebrate Christmas. The waiter gave each guest a glass of Champagne, but on inspection each guest noticed that their glass contained a fly.

The Swede asked for new Champagne in the same glass.

The Englishman demanded to have new Champagne in a new glass.

The Finn picked out the fly out and drank the Champagne.

The Russian drank the Champagne, fly and all.

The Chinese ate the fly but left the Champagne.

The Israeli caught the fly and sold it to the Chinese.

The Italian drank two thirds of the Champagne and then demanded to have a new glass.

The Norwegian took the fly and went off to fish.

The Irishman ground the fly and mixed it in the Champagne, which he then donated to the Englishman.

The American sued the restaurant and claimed $50 million in compensation.

The Scotsman grabbed the fly by the throat and shouted: “Now spit out all that you swallowed!”

 


 


 Boy's Truthful Prayer for The Christmas Meal.

Lee, A seven-year-old boy, was asked to say thanks for the Christmas dinner. The family members bowed their heads in expectation. Lee  began his prayer, thanking God for his Mommy, Daddy, brothers, sister, Grandma, and all his aunts and uncles. Then he began to thank God for the food.

He gave thanks for the turkey, the stuffing, the Christmas pudding, even the cranberry sauce. Then lee paused, and everyone waited … and waited. After a long silence, the young fellow looked up at his mother and asked, If I thank God for the Brussel sprouts, won't God know that I'm lying? "



               --------------------





Cruisin Paul



4 comments:

  1. I appreciate your thoughts & feelings Peg. You are a very caring woman & a good friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry about your friend, Paul. I've lost several long time friends in the last few years. Memories are to be cherished like the friends. Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Carol. Memories are what I have of Alan. Great ones. Enjoy your new condo my friend. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!