Sunday, June 21, 2015

Happy Father's Day Sunday


Happy Father's Day to all the wonderful fathers around. This morning while having breakfast, my sweet daughter AmyLynn brought some great gifts which I can use. I've told my children that at my age now, that they didn't need to buy any gifts but I still enjoy them. Thanks kids. 
I'm really enjoying the U.S. Open. That course is one heck of a tough course and picture around the water and Mount Ranier. I watched from 2:00 in the afternoon until 11:00 at night. Today it will be the same thing especially since it's Father's Day. 
Yesterday's meatballs were great. I did make 70 meatballs and we ate some last night for dinner. They were great.

                            ----------------------------------------------------------------------


               -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------






What is his occupation?

A grade school teacher was asking students what their parents did for a living. "Tim, you be first," she said. "What does your mother do all day?"

Tim stood up and proudly said, "She's a doctor."

"That's wonderful. How about you, Amie?"

Amie shyly stood up, scuffed her feet and said, "My father is a mailman."

"Thank you, Amie," said the teacher. "What about your father, Billy?"

Billy proudly stood up and announced, "My daddy murders people, steals from them, and drinks."

The teacher was aghast and promptly changed the subject to geography. Later that day she went to Billy's house and rang the bell. Billy's father answered the door. The teacher explained what his son had said and asked if there might be some logical explanation.

Billy's father said, "I'm actually an attorney. But how can I explain a thing like that to a seven-year-old?"


  

A student's request for extra money

A student called up his Mom one evening from his college and asked her for some money, because he was broke.

His Mother said, "Sure, sweetie. I will send you some money. You also left your economics book here when you visited two weeks ago. Do you want me to send that up too?"

"Uhh, oh yeah, O.K." responded the kid.

So his Mom wrapped the book along with the checks up in a package, kissed Dad goodbye, and went to the post office to mail the money and the book. When she gets back, Dad asked, "Well how much did you give the boy this time?"

"Oh, I wrote two checks, one for $20, and the other for $1,000."

"That's $1020!!!" yelled Dad, "Are you going crazy???"

"Don't worry hon," Mom said, kissed Dad on the on top of his bald head, "I taped the $20 check to the cover of his book, but I put the $1,000 one somewhere between the pages in chapter 15!"


  

Who is the Winner?
The father of five children had won a toy at a raffle.
He called his kids together to ask which one should have the present.
"Who is the most obedient?" he asked.
"Who never talks back to mother? and
"Who does everything mother says?"
Five small voices replied in unison. "Okay daddy! You get the toy."

                               ------------------------------------------------------------------------------





--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Past Cruise Photos



 The island of St. Kitt.

That's my wife in the red climbing up high like a monkey. She's got nerve, not like me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

That's it for today. Father's Day is always a special day but I still miss my dad. He's been gone for 15 years but, you know, it's like I lost him yesterday. I remember when I was in the hospital when I had my stroke, he came to visit me at lunch with a smile each day for 3 months and the same later at dinner and stayed until 8:00. I found out later before he would come to see me, he would be crying in his office upset about what happened to me and there wasn't anything he could do about it. But every time he came to see me, he had a big smile and showed strength for me. I love you dad.

 SEE YA.


5 comments:

  1. I loved the jokes and really liked the attorney one. I linked you to Silly Sunday too,

    Your dad was a great man. I miss my father too. Happy Fathers Day Paul.

    Have a terrific day, ☺

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Fathers Day to you

    I thought the jokes were funny gas can be a terrible thing LOL

    I liked your photos, have a golftastic day Paul :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny jokes and your photos are gorgeous, Paul! Happy Father's Day to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Father's Day. Thank you for the funny stuff. As for the "what your parents do for a living" joke, i heard it as Harrison Ford's child told the teacher, "My dad is an actor. Sometimes he plays the good guy, and sometimes he plays the lawyer!"

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Father's Day! I know it was a great one. Thanks for the smiles.

    Big hugs, honey...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting!